We are listing some facts related to Rio Olympics. Rio de Janeiro is the one of the famed and beautiful seaside city in Brazil which is the part of Copacabana and Ipanema beaches. This is the first time in the history Olympics going to held at Rio and we hope for the best performances as well.
The city is also known for its sprawling favelas (shanty towns). Its raucous Carnival festival, featuring parade floats, flamboyant costumes and samba, is considered the world’s largest.
- This summer 2016 Olympics going to held in Rio (The most amazing city of Brazil). 2016 Olympic, is a major multi-sport event and which is take place in Rio de Janerio, Brazil, from 5 to 21 August 2016.
- This will be the first time in Olympic history that South American country hosting Olympics for first time at Rio De Janeiro.
- 207 Nations are participating this Olympics with more than 10,500 athletes from different countries.
- For the first time entrance Koso and South Sudan are going to join the Olymipics.
- The opening and closing ceremonies will be held in Rio’s Maracanã Stadium. It has the capacity of holding 78,838 seats.
- In 1950 FIFA World Cup was 199,854 making it the worl’s largest stadium by capacity. It was recently renovated for Olympics.
- The competiton will take place in different areas which are Copacbana, Barra, Deodoro, BMX and Equestrian Centers and Maracanã.
- Rugby Sevens will makes it’s debut in Rio Olympics Game. Although the 15-player version of the sport appeared at the Olympic Games between 1900 and 1924, Rio 2016 marks the debut of rugby sevens, a faster, shorter adaption. Bravery, skill and speed will be in abundance in the men’s and women’s tournaments.
- It will be good news for Golf lovers because Golf will return to Olympics after long 112 years of absense. Last time Golf was played in 1900 and 1904 Games.
- The mascot for 2016 is “Vinicius”, A yellow and blue creature representing Brazilian wildlife.
- There are 7.5 million tickets, with the price which ranging from $40 to $3000 for the best seats at the opening ceremony.
- For the long time the most popular events so far are soccer, basketball, volleyball and handball.
- According to the organizers they will prepare 60,000 meals per day to feed the players (Atheletes).
- For the Rio Olympics they are looking for almost 70,000 volunteers, and according to them 50,000 are already been selected. They are mostly from U.S., U.K., Russia, China.
- To provide the best security for peoples as well as players around 85,000 soldiers and policemen will be deployed this will be the largest security force assembled at any event.