Gautama Buddha, also known as Siddhārtha Gautama, Shakyamuni Buddha, or simply the Buddha, after the title of Buddha, was an ascetic and sage, on whose teachings Buddhism was founded. Today we are sharing 10 quotes of lord Gautama Buddha.
Quotes by Gautama Buddha
- You will not be punished for your anger, you will be punished by your anger.
- Thousands of candles can be lighted from a single candle, and the life of the candle will not be shortened. Happiness never decreases by being shared.
- No one saves us but ourselves. No one can and no one may. We ourselves must walk the path.
- Do not dwell in the past, do not dream of the future, concentrate the mind on the present moment.
- The mind is everything. What you think you become.
- Peace comes from within. Do not seek it without.
- We are shaped by our thoughts; we become what we think. When the mind is pure, joy follows like a shadow that never leaves.
- Better than a thousand hollow words, is one word that brings peace.
- Health is the greatest gift, contentment the greatest wealth, faithfulness the best relationship.
- However many holy words you read, however, many you speak, what good will they do you if you do not act on upon them?
The main goal of sharing this article and these quotes is to spread positivity. Positivity is the only power to concentrate on your work.