Did You Know? 20 Fun Facts About Travelling
Travel is one of the most popular forms of leisure around the world. When most of us decide to take a vacation from work it almost always involves planning to travel somewhere.
There are so many interesting things on this planet to see and learn about and this list is only going to cover twenty of them.
Read Top 10 Movies You Need to Watch If You Haven’t Watched Yet.
20 Fun Facts About Travelling
- The pilot and his assistant must eat different food in order not to upset their stomachs at the same time.
- Don’t afraid to fly! Statistically, a plain is the safest mode of transport in the world.
- People are changing the world while they are traveling. A lot of custom writers and artists get inspiration during a trip.
- Monaco is the second among the smallest countries in the world after the Vatican. It occupies the area of 2 square kilometers. Monaco is even smaller than Central Park in New York City.
- In New Guinea, there are more than 850 languages. It’s the paradise for linguists.
- Fans of high speed should go to German. There are no speed limits on their autobahns and other freeway-style highways.
- In 1987, American Airlines saved $40,000 by removing one olive from each salad served in first class.
- Traveling by train is usually the cheaper alternative, but I’m fairly sure you will reconsider when you want to travel to Vladivostok from Moscow. The longest rail journey in the world is between these 2 cities, taking seven days of travel through the frozen taiga forests, totaling 9,302 kilometers (5,780 miles).
- Since we are talking about trains, let’s mention the fastest train ride, as well. Linking downtown Shanghai with Pudong International Airport, the Maglev train covers the intervening 30 kilometers (19 miles) in just 8 minutes, and with a top speed of 501 km/h (311 mph). That must be quite the ride.
- The number one country for paid time off is Italy. Italians receive an average of 42 paid vacation days from their employers each year.
- Most workers in the US receive less than 2 weeks’ worth of vacation time per year
- Did you know there’s research revealing which languages are the happiest, i.e. contain the largest number of positive words? According to this measure, the happiest language is Spanish, with Portuguese, English, Indonesian and French rounding out the top five.
- Usually, a plain reserves a white stripe in the sky so you can predict the weather. According to the thickness of the line, you can determine large or small air humidity is. Very thick stripe means that a storm is coming.
- Money spent on the journey makes people happier than money spent on tangible goods.
- Las Vegas has the largest number of hotel rooms in the whole world.
- Many people think that they will travel when becoming retirees. But they can’t because of poor health and loss of enthusiasm.
- France is the most popular country among tourists.
- Travelling is not always expensive. You can find cheap rooms in most cities to stay there for a night.
- The most intelligent country is Canada. More than 55% of the population has higher education.
- The largest underground cemetery in the world is located in Paris. There are around 6 million dead persons buried there.
Read: Why You Should Travel Nepal?
This article has been originally published on FoodPasa.com by Jonaam Bhurtel, you can try his more articles and reviews at FoodPasa.com.