Java SE 7 is a major release that has brought many new features and enhancements in Java programming.
Java SE 7 Features
Swing is the Java framework, in Java SE 7 there are various enhancements in javax.swing package.
- Providing the JLayer class to decorate the swing component.
- Moving Nimbus look and feel from the com.sun.java.swing package to the java.swing.plaf.nimbus package.
- Allowing mix up of the heavyweight and lightweight component.
- Allowing you to create translucent and shaped windows.
- Adding the selection of Hue-saturation-luminance (HSL) color in the JColorChooser class.
- Allowing non-blocking I/O (NIO) 2.0.
- Allowing you to develop customized file system provider.
- Allowing you to manipulate contents of the Java archive (JAR) file.
- Introducing the new APIs in java.nio.file package.
Add the close() method in the URLClassLoader.class. The introduction of this method has overcome the problem of supporting the update implementations of resource that are taken up from a specific codebase.
- Elliptic Curve Cryptography (ECC) as a new native provider that contains various ECC algorithm.
- Feature to disable weak cryptography algorithm.
Multithreaded Custom Class Loader
Locking mechanism to prevent deadlock situation , as the custom class loaders were initially prone to deadlocks.
Java Programming Langauge
- Changes in binary literals — integral types (byte, short, int, and long) can also be expressed using the binary number system.
- Use of underscore in the numerical literals can be possible.
- Possible to use strings in switch statement.
- Improving the compiler warning that occurs while using non-reifiable formal parameter with the varargs methods