Facebook is a social networking website where you can have your profile and manage things for your own use; There you can publish status or post, comments, and share photographs, news, and many others content you would like to share; In this article we are going to talk about 10 Interesting Facts about Facebook that you might not know;
Currently, Facebook has many features, They offer you play web games, video chat, and group call service as well as many other things like live streaming and marketing systems for managing data and statistics for publishers as well as advertisers;
Their things available on Facebook you can manage them in your own; it’s really simple to use; Anybody with the Facebook account can easily use it for their personal use and to stay in touch with their family and friends;
- 25 Famous Quotes by Football Players
- Live Football Streaming: Watch Live Football Online for Free
- Should I Start a Personal Blog: Importance of Blogging
Top 27 Interesting Facts About Facebook
- Facebook began in February of 2004 as a school-based social network at Harvard University.
- A high school version of Facebook launched in September of 2005. In October it expanded to include colleges in the U.K., and in December it launched for colleges in Australia and New Zealand.
- 2006, Facebook opened to anyone 13 years or older and took off, overtaking MySpace as the most popular social network in the world.
- 2007, Facebook launched the Facebook Platform, which allowed developers to create applications on the network.
- 2008, Facebook launched Facebook Connect, which competed with OpenSocial and Google+ as a universal login authentication service
- Facebook’s developer network delivers advanced functionality and monetization options.
- Despite being blocked, there are roughly over 95 million Facebook users in China.
- Approximately 86% of their daily active users are outside the U.S. and Canada, with 29% logging in from Asian countries.
- There are 101 different languages available for users on Facebook.
- In 2013, the Super Bowl was the most talked about topic in the United States. Globally, the most talked about topic was Pope Francis.
- The average person spends between 18 and 20 minutes viewing their Facebook account. If you combine every user, that what would be around 20 billion minutes!
- Originally, engineers wanted to call the “Like” button the “Awesome” button.
- Every 20 minutes on Facebook 1 million links are shared, 2 million friends are requested and 3 million messages are sent.
- The most common life event added for users in 2013 was: Relationship/Got Engaged/Got Married. This was followed by Traveled, Moved, Ended a Relationship and First Met a Friend.
- Between 2012 and 2013, there was an increase in Facebook users by 22%.
- There are 1.15 billion mobile daily active users (Mobile DAU) for December 2016, an increase of 23 percent year-over-year.
- On a daily basis, there are 350 million photos uploaded, 4.5 billion likes, 10 billion messages sent and 22 billion times that the Like or Share buttons are viewed.
- Worldwide, there are over 2.20 billion monthly active Facebook users for Q1 2018 (Facebook MAUs) which is a 13 percent increase year over year.
- 1.45 billion people on average log onto Facebook daily and are considered daily active users (Facebook DAU) for March 2018, which represents a 13 percent increase year over year.
- Five new profiles are created every second.
- Facebook users are 76% female (out of 100% of all females) and 66% male (out of 100% of all males).
- There ware 83 million fake profiles.
- Facebook deleted 583 million fake accounts in the first three months of 2018.
- 16 Million local business pages have been created as of May 2013 which is a 100 percent increase from 8 million in June 2012.
- Academics at the University of Cambridge distributed the data from the personality quiz app myPersonality to hundreds of researchers via a website with insufficient security provisions, which led to it being left vulnerable to access for four years.
- Facebook suspended myPersonality from its platform on 7 April saying the app may have violated its policies due to the language used in the app and on its website to describe how data is shared.
- On April 10, 2018, Facebook CEO Mark Zuckerberg listens while testifying before a joint Senate Judiciary and Commerce Committees hearing regarding the company’s use and protection of user data, on Capitol Hill in Washington, U.S.
Wrapping it up;
That’s it for Interesting Facts About Facebook; We tried to collect possible known and unknown facts, But we are still at the research about more data and facts about Facebook; If you found these are really interesting and needed then you can let other friends know about these Facebook Facts;
If you think we forgot some facts about Facebook then you can mention those on a Comment section of this post; We will add those facts on the list of Interesting Facts About Facebook;