One Plus, the Chinese start-up has launched the latest flagship smartphone, “One Plus 5”, the most anticipated phone of 2017. Now with the launch of One Plus 5, in less than a year of the launch of its predecessor 3T’s launch, is now carrying forward the legacy of being a flagship killer.
It is packed with high-end specs with enough power to stand by. It has brilliant display, design, solid battery life with fast charging, fingerprint scanner, latest Android and dual camera setup.
Reasons One Plus 5 is a Killer Flagship
One Plus 5 – Design
One Plus has a really great good-looking design which has anodized aluminum back which feels like sleek. It has 5.5 inches 1080 p AMOLED display which work out at pin sharp 401 pixels per inch. Although it has the large display, it is comfortable to hold in a single hand and a pleasure to use the phone.
Its design is not the most original one as it back looks similar to iPhone 7 Plus and the front is pretty much same as OnePlus 3 and 3T. It feels great in hand with the subtle curve at the back and rounded corners which is very much user-friendly than the most of the smartphones available in the market.
It has a dual camera setup at the back which is an impressive feature from One Plus 5 as it is fastest growing trends amongst smartphones manufacturers like Apple, Huawei, LG doubling up on the rear shooters. One Plus 5 has curved back which fits perfectly in the palm and 3D Gorilla glass on the front is also curved slightly, these curves make it super slim.
One Plus 5 – Speed
One Plus 5 might be the best smartphone ever built by One Plus as in speed it is not comparable to its old predecessor. It is powered by top-end Qualcomm Snapdragon 835 processor, coupled with 8 GB of RAM.
It’s a very fast phone which is surely future-proof phone to be purchased. It will never get sweat to perform the high-end intensive task and surely it will provide you a better gaming experience. It has 128 GB of storage without an SD card slot which has definitely no use after having 128 GB of storage built-in. One Plus is available with either 64 GB or 128 GB of built-in storage.
One Plus 5 – Battery Life
One Plus 5 has a solid battery life of 3300 mAh Li-Po non-removable battery. Although the One Plus has reduced the capacity of battery cell compared to its predecessor, One Plus 3T, battery life hasn’t been affected. It has a Dash Charger too which lets you charge worth of power almost 80% of charge just in half an hour.
One Plus 5 – Performance
This flagship smartphone is powered by Android 7.1.1 Nougat, running on the OxygenOS that is based on Nougat which runs extremely well on this flagship hardware. It provides best Android experience.
This smartphone also has added some features which are quite interesting and useful.
- It has 8GB of RAM which makes it the fastest phones.
- It has Dash Charger which charges the battery very faster and it has a long-lasting battery life for long day users and gamers.
- It has the front fingerprint scanner and the touch screen is faster as lighting speed as compared to other phones.
- It has added a separate folder to store private documents, picture, and videos which can be locked down with fingerprint or six-digit pin.
- It has built-in new feature for Reading Mode so it can replace your Kindle, it almost gives kindle-like effects on web pages and reading apps.
- It has also incorporated F.lux-like function which can monitor your location to determine sunrise and sunset and adjust the color temperature accordingly.
- It is also capable of capturing videos in 4k Ultra High Definition (UHD) resolution. It has 16 MP and 20 MP rear cameras and 16 MP front camera for higher resolution selfies and video chat.
One Plus 5 – Full Specifications
- OS: Android 7.1.1 Nougat, Released: June 2017
- Display: 5.5-inch AMOLED, 1920 Gorilla Glass 5
- Processor: Qualcomm MSM 8998, Snapdragon 835 , 2.45 GHz
- CPU: Octacore (4×2.45 GHz key and 4×1.95 GHz key)
- GPU: Adreno 540
- Expandable: No
- RAM: 6/8 GB LPDDR4X
- Storage: 64.128 GB UFS 2.1
- Cameras: Rear: Dual, 16MP (IMX 398), f/1.7, 24 mm, EIS (gyro) and 20MP (IMX 350), f/2.6, 36 mm, phase detection autofocuses, 1.6× optical zoom, dual LED flash
- Front: 16MP (IMX 371), f/2.0, 20 mm, EIS (gyro), 1080 p, Auto HDR
- Battery: 3300 mAh, nonremovable Li-Po
- Charging: USB-C, Dash Charger
- Video: 2160p @ 30fps, 1080p @ 30/60fps, 720p @ 30/120fps
- Features: Touch focus, Face Detection, HDR, Panorama, Geo-tagging
- Alert types: Vibration, WAV Ringtones, Mp3
- Loudspeaker: Yes
- 3.5 mm Jack: Yes
- Active noise cancellation with dedicated Mic
- Dirac HD sound
- Connectivity: WiFi 802.11 a/b/g/n/AC, WiFi Direct, DLNA, hotspot, Bluetooth 5.0, A2DP, LE, aptX HD
- GPS: Yes, with A-GPS, GLONASS, BDS
- NFC: Yes
- Radio: No
- USB: 2.0, Type-C, 1.0 reversible connector
- Sensors: Fingerprint (front mounted), accelerometer, gyro, proximity, compass
- Message: SMS (threaded view), MMS, Email, IM, Push e-mail
- Supported: Dash Charging, DivX/Xvid/mp4/H.265 player, mp3/eAAC+/WMA/WAV/FLAC player, Document viewer, Photo/Video Editor
- Colors Available: Midnight Black, Slate Gray
- Network: GSM/ CDMA/ HSPA/ LTE
- Dimension: 154.2×74.1×7.3 mm (6.07×2.92×0.29 in)
- Multitouch: Yes
- Weight: 153 gm (5.40 Oz)
- Protection: Corning with Gorilla Glass 5
- Security: One-touch Fingerprint scanner