In this article, we are going to learn about XAMPP and WAMP servers and we will find the difference between XAMPP and WAMP servers. Let’s start.
What is XAMPP?
XAMPP is a free and open source cross-platform which can be used as web server solution with different stack pages like Apache, SQL (Database) etc…
Mainly it consists Apache HTTP server & SQL for database environment to interpret scripts on the local host computer. Let’s take an example of a web development environment, you need to create an environment to test out the development and make it work on your localhost. So that can be possible with XAMPP.
Simply XAMPP stands for cross-platform (X) which supports (A) – Apache, (M) MariaDB, (P) PHP and (P) Perl. It’s extremely lightweight Apache distribution that makes it extremely easy for developers to create a local web server for testing and deployment purposes.
What is WAMP?
WAMPPServer refers to a software stack which supports Apache web server, OpenSSL for SLL support, MySQL database and PHP programming language for testing and deployment purposes.
WAMP also work like as a XAMPP they both are the similar and easy software which is being used by developers for testing of different projects which has been developed under the framework of scripting based language.
Difference Between XAMPP and WAMP server?
Simply if really need to talk about the difference between XAMPP and WAMP there is not vast difference but let’s find out some those exist.
- WAMP stands for Windows, Apache, MYSQL, and PHP.
- WAMP is easy to setup and configure.
- WAMP provides support for MySQL and PHP only.
- XAMPP stands for x-os, which means cross-platform along with Apache, MYSQL, PHP, Perl.
- XAMPP is easy to over WAMP.
- XAMPP cpanel is way better than WAMP, in XAMPP you can add other functions as well. You can even have start and pause button to keep functions live or in a stop mode.
- XAMPP more powerful and resource consuming.
If you find anything else that you have experienced as a difference then please comment down below.